MyPocketDoctor is a telemedicine solution aimed at providing professional virtual consultation at a patient’s convenience, with easy access to qualified doctors and nurses 24/7/365. You can also use our platform to consult a mental health expert or dentist. Founded in 2006 in Denmark, the company has experienced tremendous growth, and now operates in Europe, Africa and Asia. Talk to one of our health care professionals now.
After activating your MYPOCKETDOCTOR (MPD) account, you must provide the following:
- Basic Information:
- First Name and Last Name
- Mobile number
- Skype account / Active Whatsapp number
- Date of Birth
- Company Name
- City / Location
- b) Blood Profile
- c) Emergency Contact
- d) Allergies
- e) Medication/s
- f) Insurance
- g) Health Concerns
- h) Relative Medical Issues
- The Purposes of Your Personal Information.
- provide medical services and continuing care;
- enable you to register with and subscribe to MPD;
- assist the doctor in making a more informed and comprehensive diagnosis;
- continually improve the quality of services offered;
- aid in maintaining your electronic journal which contains consultations, prescriptions and medical documentation i.e. lab tests and x-rays;
- comply with any safety, security, public service or legal requirements and processes;
- for any other purpose for which you give us authorization.
- 3. How We Are Safeguarding Your Personal Data.
The platform utilizes Periodic Penetration Testing every three months. This evaluates the security of the IT infrastructure and server hosts by trying to exploit vulnerabilities. It is done quarterly to validate the integrity of MPD’s defensive mechanisms, IT infrastructure and server. We keep and protect your information using a secured server behind a firewall, encryption and security controls.
We also put in effect safeguards such as:
- Letting you update your information as needed;
- Retaining your personal data for a maximum period of five (5) years;
- Only authorized personnel can access your information;
- Only the System Administrators are authorized to have direct shell access to the servers;
The developers are only allowed to push production codes, through Git, as part of the implemented continuous integration and deployment.
MPD uses Linode and Amazon Web Services for the cloud hosting facility of the service.
You may refuse access, processing, or use of your Personal Information or withdraw consent previously given to the access, processing or use of your Personal Information, or object to the same. All system access are using key-based SSH logins thereby rendering any brute force username-password attacks futile. More importantly, only the whitelisted source IP’s are allowed shell access to the server. The patient has the right to delete information in the future. By withdrawing your consent, or objecting to the processing of your Personal Information, MPD will not be able to provide you with the services you have subscribed to or may want to access.
- How We Are Retaining and Disposing Your Personal Data.
Through your online account, you can update your personal data when logged in. In the event you would like to access and alter any information listed, you may get in touch with our Data Privacy Officer through the contact details provided below.
Our Contact Details:
Address: Springette office park, Off Lower Kabete Road, behind Spring Valley Police station, Nairobi. P.O Box 2674 00600 Nairobi
Email: [email protected]
Upon withdrawal of your consent to share personal data, the MPD will dispose the data within a five-year period. You are afforded certain rights wherein your personal data, based on Data Privacy Act of 2012, shall be disposed of, or discarded in a secure manner preventing further processing, unauthorized access, or disclosure to any other party.